Introduction to Human Biology
Fundamental concepts of cellular and human biology, including the chemistry of life, cellular organization, organ systems, human anatomy, and the use of the metric system to calculate biometric measurements.
- Describe atoms, molecules, chemical bonding, acids and bases, and the relationship between water and life.
- Classify cells by their structure and cellular components for prokaryotes and eukaryotes.
- Define the main tissues of the human body and identify the main components of each organ system.
- Describe basic human anatomy.
- Apply the metric system to calculate biometric measurements of human body.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences