Film and Culture
Film and Culture
Films and documentaries from and about the Spanish-speaking world serve as the basis for lectures, discussions, and class projects. Diverse topics will be explored along with a range of cultural social issues. This course also introduces strategies of cultural analysis. Discussions, collaborations, and writing assignments will be in Spanish.
- General knowledge of the aesthetic, historical, and sociopolitical development of the region.
- Increase familiarity with the specific terminology needed for a critical reading of literary texts.
- Awareness of the most significant themes from the region.
- Deliver classroom presentation in Spanish.
- Given that class discussions will be conducted in Spanish as well as written assignments, students will strengthen their language skills as they examine and interact with the linguistic richness of the diverse films watched and the texts read in class.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences