Introduction To Transmedia
This one-month seminar focuses on the current state of transmedia, its history, IP creation and pitching as well as exploring the components of transmedia-friendly properties.
- Evaluate varying examples of transmedia for content and form.
- Analyze how transmedia-friendly properties differ from average TV or Film properties.
- Critique and parse the unique conventions of the medium in understanding how pioneers of this movement produce content.
- Evaluate the most common media platforms upon which transmedia properties are built — comics, games, web series.
- Implement and integrate elements unique to transmedia into writing exercises and idea creation.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences