Religion of Islam
Religion of Islam
This course will deal with religion of Islam and its cultural influence in Central and South Asia, Africa, and the Near East. The course will examine the roots of Islam since Mohammed and its practices, literature, social and political movements of Islam later on. The issue of gender, treatment of other religions, and current Islam will be of special emphasis.
- Understand Islam is a diverse religion and its cultural influences can be seen in Central, and South Asia, Africa and the Near East.
- Understand Islam has a diverse culture where practices differ from each geographic area.
- Understand Islam is based in both Judaism and Islam
- Understand Muslims respects other people’s books of faith.
- Understand Islam attempts to create gender equality.
- Understand Islam is a Western religious tradition.
- Understand Islam is compatible with modernity.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences