Adv Workshop in Fiction
Intensive writing workshop in which students work closely with an established writer to further their development as creative writers and critical thinkers. Students will read classic and contemporary works of fiction, submit original manuscripts for peer and faculty review, and critique the manuscripts of peers.
- Evaluate various aesthetic theories of literary fiction.
- Formulate practical and theoretical models of teaching and learning the writing of literary fiction.
- Critique specific works of literature in literary fiction.
- Develop publishable-quality writing in literary fiction, culminating in a significant portfolio of work.
- Evaluate different literary formats.
- Master craft principles of plot, characterization, style, point of view, narrative technique, and language in the creation of literary fiction.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences