Serves as a foundation for critically examining and implementing effective practices, assessments, and resources for teaching listening, speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish. Focuses on developing and implementing authentic approaches to teaching culture that integrate trends in history, politics, traditions, social relationships, and value systems.
- Trace the historical trends in foreign language teaching in the United States.
- Examine societal attitudes and discourse about foreign language teaching in the United States.
- Trace the social and historical influences on foreign language teaching in the United States.
- Examine and implement a variety of effective strategies, techniques, and approaches to teaching listening, speaking, reading and writing in Spanish.
- Examine and implement a variety of effective strategies and techniques for assessing listening, speaking, reading and writing in Spanish.
- Evaluate and integrate realia, authentic target language materials, and community-based resources appropriate for Spanish language instruction.
- Evaluate and integrate web-based and technological resources appropriate for Spanish language instruction.
- Critically examine and implement effective approaches to teaching Spanish language cultures that integrate trends in history, politics, traditions, art, literature, food, social relationships, and value systems.
- Critically examine and implement effective approaches to assessing knowledge of Spanish language cultures.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences