Studies in Drama
Studies in Drama
An examination of the conventions and varieties of dramatic texts and performance, focusing on drama of the 20th century. Includes discussion of both Western and non-Western traditions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of important conventions, traditions, and theories of Western drama.
- Apply close reading skills to the critical analysis of dramatic texts in discussion and writing.
- Situate modern and contemporary dramatic texts within the Western dramatic tradition.
- Identify significant similarities and differences between Western and non-Western dramatic texts.
- Analyze and critique performances of plays as interpretations of the written text in discussion and writing.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences