A cross-disciplinary course that teaches effective report and research paper writing through the use of key computer technologies. Topics include library and Internet research; information organization, evaluation, and synthesis; MLA and APA style formats; and the use of document-production, spreadsheet, image-editing, and presentation software.
- Demonstrate proficiency in communicating information using a variety of software applications and other digital tools.
- Navigate electronic library systems and the Internet to locate and use various interdisciplinary scholarly databases.
- Design and implement effective search strategies within various Internet and library information-retrieval environments.
- Critically evaluate information sources and information technologies.
- Generate exploratory research papers and reports that incorporate visual elements (such as tables and charts) as formal modes of explication and validation according to proper business, humanities, and science formats.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical and social issues relevant to information technology, such as access, privacy, and intellectual property.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences