Covers the relationship between knowledge and the interdependence of people and focuses on citizenship, change and the challenges of migration/immigration patterns, cultural shifts and transnational positioning in our global economy. Provides a framework for global citizenship, community-building, economic development, social responsibility and service.
- Understand the multi-dimensional self and the process of social interaction and the cultural factor.
- Understand the civic culture within the context of citizenship as public work and the role of individual and collective citizen behavior.
- Understand community visioning and action-planning.
- Understand citizen empowerment through collaborative community building.
- Understand political and economic dynamics associated with globalization.
- Understand culture-clash and the paradox of nationalism in a world community.
- Understand the impact of global issues on our daily lives.
- Understand network-related, problem-solving activities that focus on global issues within selected geographical areas.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences