Analysis of literary texts across national and linguistic as well as temporal, cultural, and disciplinary lines.
- Analyze the particular distinctiveness and similarities between these two authors of literary realism and social satire within their different historical contexts and literary traditions.
- Evaluate these literary works within their relevant sociological, historical, and biographical contexts.
- Critique the relevant scholarship and integrate findings into discussions and assignments.
- Interpret literary works using various theoretical and critical approaches that are most appropriate for these literary periods.
- Investigate the themes and conventions that inform these literary works.
- Utilize academic English and the tenets of sound composition by means of thesis-driven analytical prose.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences