Effective College English II
The second of a two-course sequence designed to provide incoming students with expository and argumentative writing skills.
- Write clear, persuasive essays on a focused topic.
- Develop the practice of structuring research materials and drafts through organizational devices such as outlining, listing, and clustering.
- Develop researched essays with supportive evidence (facts, statistics, authoritative opinion, and personal argument).
- Write clear and concise thesis statements, topic sentences, introductions and conclusions for persuasive essays.
- Refine effective revising and editing strategies for use in revising one’s own work and the work of peers.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences