Provides learners with principles and procedures for handling multiple stakeholders and publics under crisis conditions. Offers training to deal with media in less-than-optimal situations, when they may be faced with indifference or even hostility. Looks at case studies of strategies and tactics of organizations that have dealt with crises.
- Evaluate the different types of crises situations.
- Identify a specific organization, evaluate the potential risks and estimate the likelihood of specific crises that could affect that organization.
- Prepare Crisis Communications Plans and Procedures for the organization.
- Design a program for the organization to initiate and participate in public-private and other partnerships where there are multiple players, in the event of a crisis.
- Generate guidelines for the organization to cultivate and maintain good working relationships with the press before, during, and after crises.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences