Comm in Global Environment
Explores the major theories in the field of communication with an emphasis on the workplace, focusing on the ability to communicate with others in professional interactions. Covers the development of professional relationships between people with different characteristics, cultures, and backgrounds to provide learners with tools for encoding and decoding verbal, nonverbal, and mediated messages.
- Identify interpersonal and intercultural communication situations.
- Interpret others’ communication behaviors and shape their own messages to reach work-related goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate an intellectual framework (such as cultural patterns and verbal/nonverbal codes) that allows for description and analysis of other cultures and assists in the promotion of understanding between disparate cultures.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of alternative strategies for communicating in a variety of interpersonal and intercultural interactions in the workplace.
- Identify and analyze major communication theories.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences