Teaches the creation and production of public relations campaign materials across media platforms. Covers all forms of public relations materials, including news releases, public service announcements, media alerts, newsletters, backgrounders, brochures, audio, video, and interactive content.
- Apply ethics to the practice of public relations.
- Apply writing and production skills to the process of crafting and delivering public relations messages.
- Distinguish between the different audiences to which public relations writing is addressed, and tailor messages to each audience.
- Apply critical thinking skills to public relations situations.
- Create effective story pitches and news releases.
- Model the public relations campaign process.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences