Introduces the principles and strategies used by PR practitioners to plan and implement communication campaigns. Provides training in how to identify and reach audiences and to develop campaign plans in traditional and digital media.
- Understand the purpose of the public relations function and its place in an organization’s structure.
- Compare major organizational communication theories as they relate to public relations.
- Apply critical thinking skills to public relations situations.
- Analyze the components of an effective public relations plan and campaign.
- Formulate effective communication strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Apply audience research to develop effective messaging strategies to specific target audiences.
- Analyze effective crisis preparation and communication techniques.
- Create a complete public relations campaign plan.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences