Presents strategies for the successful development of integrated advertising messages. Focuses on creative copywriting and art direction, and on analyzing clients, products, and audiences. Considers the challenges and rewards provided by advertising campaigns directed to increasingly diverse consumers and markets.
- Develop an understanding of the core advertising roles and responsibilities, including copy, art, and client management/planning.
- Choose a popular brand or product of interest for analysis.
- Understand the concept of ‘positioning,’ and explain the brand/product’ current position.
- Analyze a brand/product through the framework of the ‘copy platform.’
- Extend the copy platform process into a ‘creative brief’ for the brand/product under study.
- Understand and analyze the dynamic marketplace of consumers in terms of gender, ethnicities, and lifestyles.
- Integrate and organize project content and research into a structured advertising ‘campaign’; including the key components of: advertising, promotion, public relations, Internet marketing, social media, direct, and mobile Marketing.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences