Introduces the evolution of storytelling, from oral delivery to written and interactive texts, and transmedia publication. Examines the effects of this evolution on storytellers and participants. Offers hands-on creation of online identities and texts.
- Compare contemporary interactive storytelling via digital media with earlier forms of both interactive and linear storytelling.
- Analyze and compare existing interactive stories.
- Analyze alternative media in terms of their affordances for storytelling.
- Analyze the elements of stories, including characters, plot, flow, and context.
- Create interactive stories using multiple digital media platforms.
- Design and create a website and social media pages, integrating text, images, links, and visual aesthetics.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences