Looks at communication across cultures and considers how culture influences communication. Focuses on the dynamics of cross-cultural face-to-face interaction, conflict styles across cultures, societal influences on ethnocentrism and racism, cultural value orientations, non-verbal dimensions of communication, language interaction, stereotypes, relationship development, and cultural adaptation.
- Understand the nature of and differences between intercultural and co-cultural communication
- Distinguish how cultures proscribe differences in beliefs, values, expectations, and assumptions
- Analyze the impact of history on individual cultural identity
- Distinguish and explain the stages of intercultural identity development
- Analyze intercultural interaction through video analysis
- Apply principles of successful intercultural communication in practical settings
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences