Examines the theory and research behind interpersonal communication. Explores communication processes in dyads, small groups, and teams, and in organizational settings. Teaches skills to improve students’ communication competence in both personal and professional environments. The course also covers self-awareness, self-disclosure, relational development, and conflict resolution.
- Analyze interpersonal communication.
- Distinguish various interpersonal communication theories and develop an associated vocabulary.
- Create and increase interpersonal communication skills.
- Apply interpersonal communication theories to real life experiences.
- Create and demonstrate communication competence.
- Analyze human communication skills.
- Compose a personal goal statement to improve interpersonal communication.
Why Choose National University?
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences