Prepares students to integrate the arts into daily instruction in grade K-8. Emphasis is on recognition of cultural diversity through activities in the arts. Provides basic knowledge of content areas for planning appropriate cross-curricular activities.
- Identify the overlaps and points of connections across the strands.
- Identify and explain styles of dance and theater from a variety of times, places, and cultures.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of dance and theater terminology as found in the CA Standards in the Arts at K-2, 3-5, 6-8 grade levels.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the CA standards in music and visual arts.
- Demonstrate a fluency in acting, directing, stage design, and scriptwriting (plot and action).
- Demonstrate a knowledge of resources in the visual and expressive arts that can be used to enrich classroom experiences at each of the grade level clusters.
- Create artistic and expressive activities that reinforce learning in academic subjects.
- Integrate expressive activities with physical education curriculum.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the diverse populations in typical classrooms and knowledge of their customs and celebrations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a variety of teaching and management strategies, both teacher-directed and student-centered .
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences