Examines the regulation of the sale of securities (analysis of the requirements regarding the forms and supporting materials for the registration of securities for California, preparation of California exemption forms, and an overview of federal securities laws), and acquisition and merger agreements (analysis of different types of acquisitions and mergers, statutory requirements of such transactions, and the customary range of provisions that appear in such agreements).
- Examine and describe key principles governing the registration and sale of securities under both federal and California laws and regulations.
- Analyze common documents relating to the registration and sale of securities, including forms and supporting materials for the registration of securities in California and California exemption forms, stock certificates, shareholder and registration agreements, registration statements, and prospectuses.
- Examine acquisition and merger agreements, including the common provisions that appear in such agreements.
- Differentiate the different types of mergers and acquisitions.
- Analyze the statutory requirements governing mergers and acquisitions.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.