Examines the substantive and procedural aspects of remedies and enforcement of judgments. The first part of the course comprises a study of legal and equitable remedies, including damage, restitutionary, coercive, and declaratory remedies, prejudgment (provisional) remedies, and procedures for the enforcement of judgments. The second part of the course discusses various methods of resolving disputes, including negotiation, mediation, and arbitration.
- Examine damages in contract, tort, and property law, including compensatory, consequential, and punitive damages.
- Analyze equitable relief in contract, tort, and property law.
- Evaluate the principles of restitution and enforcement of judgments.
- Analyze the different methods of resolving disputes as alternatives to litigation, including negotiation, mediation, and arbitration.
- Evaluate the benefits and disadvantages of each major alternative dispute resolution process.
- Compare the different roles played by the neutral and the parties in the various alternative dispute resolution processes.
- Apply dispute resolution knowledge and skills in solving conflicts.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies