Teaches legal professionals to write well by examining English, composition, grammar, punctuation, and writing mechanics in the context of good legal writing. Students complete focused exercises designed to build their legal vocabulary and enable them to draft discourses.
- Analyze and edit their own writing.
- Apply rules of standard American English grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Apply rules of standard American English composition.
- Explain methods for properly constructing sentences.
- Explain methods for properly developing paragraphs.
- Identify the key components to a properly drafted essay.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.