An analysis of bargaining and negotiation principles and practices in the public sector. The course focuses on the financial issues of contract negotiations and labor relations. Case studies, simulation exercises, research projects and group discussions complement the presentation of theory and practical experience in developing effective negotiation skills.
- Describe the stages and analyze the process of contract negotiation.
- Identify the key issues in preparing for bargaining.
- Develop strategies and techniques for effective contract negotiating.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of various negotiating strategies and techniques.
- Evaluate the implementation of contracts in forming good working relationships with all involved parties.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.