An exploration of current governmental fiscal management techniques and issues. Examines various types of financial and technical assistance to quasi-governmental and non-profit management organizations.
- Explain the basic principles underlying local government finance in relation to the allocation, distribution and stabilization functions of government.
- Analyze and evaluate the various sources of revenue available to local and state government in providing programs and services to citizens.
- Identify fiscal management issues and strategies for dealing with revenue needs in relation to citizen concerns.
- Describe the different types of budgets, the players involved in developing these budgets, and how they are presented to the public.
- Analyze and evaluate the changing impact of taxes, user charges and fees, and intergovernmental revenues on the budget process.
- Describe the importance and responsibility of local government management for maintaining a strong economy within the local community.
- Identify grant and other funding resources available to community agencies and organizations.
- Describe the Request for Proposal (RFP) process as it relates to grant administration.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.