This course explores the role urban environments play in the nation. Discusses the issues unique to cities and large metropolitan areas and the role of governments and public agencies in addressing the issues. Discusses the ethical issues facing public administrators in dealing with urban and rural environments.
- Describe the physical, economic, social and political roles urban environments play in the nation and economy.
- Explain and analyze the differing issues between cities and rural environments from a public administration perspective.
- Describe the role of the public administrator in policy development and managing in urban environments.
- Describe and analyze the roles of government in urban environments.
- Evaluate the role of community action groups in affecting policy in urban environments.
- Analyze the ethical issues facing public administrators in dealing with the governing of urban environments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.