A survey course of the crucial elements of the contemporary field of public administration. It includes vocabulary, critical concepts, history and development and the field, major theories and theorists and principal sub-fields of public administration. It presents the student to program resources; develop critical thinking, reasoning skills, and permit students to investigate this field.
- Understand the requirements for the AA with a specialization in PA and effectively prepare an AA course of study.
- Undertake basic level research and communication activities.
- Identify major theories and theorists in the development of the filed of public administration, and the major periods in its evolution.
- Develop an understanding the roles of public administrators in contemporary public organizations, with an emphasis on the ethical dimensions of the professions.
- Develop an understanding of the major sub-fields in public administration: content, relationships and professional requirements.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.