In this course, students develop hands-on experience in advanced nonlinear editing. Students assess the aesthetic impact of editing decisions and demonstrate proficiency with timing, continuity, music cuing, transitions, and the use of color. Focus is placed on the role of editing in telling a compelling story.
- Demonstrate oral, visual, and written communication skills with clients, project managers, and media production team members.
- Describe and implement the phases of media production, from the initial planning to the final delivery of a professional product.
- Develop a personal vision in the creation of original multimedia content.
- Examine current trends and key technologies in the media industry.
- Explain the legal and ethical issues related to media production and distribution.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.