Collaborative production of short film projects using professional equipment. Includes masters production workshops and production of a short film in an authentic production environment. Must be taken on site at a National University campus and concurrently with MDC 683P. See the program catalog description for residency information. A materials fee for production expenses applies.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply the aesthetics of digital cinematography in lighting and shooting footage in a variety of settings.
- Collaborate with others as a cinematography crew member in the production of raw footage.
- Apply a variety of cinematic solutions to production problems in a variety of settings.
- Operate and safely utilize the technical equipment used in digital video production.
- Devise a photographic solution to a production problem that demonstrates proficiency with lighting by applying photographic techniques in natural and artificial light in both digital and film media.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.