In this independent “studio practicum” taken concurrently with MDC 652, students apply professional editing theory and techniques using non-linear editing systems on practical assignments developed by the instructor. Practical assignments will receive individual and peer group critiques. Students must have an intermediate working knowledge of a digital editing system like Adobe Premiere, AVID or Final Cut Pro.
- Integrate digital editing techniques used in a variety of genre to construct short digital video sequences
- Integrate the aesthetic principles of motion picture editing in the construction of cinematic sequences using professional digital video software
- Integrate professional film editing techniques for dialog cutting, matching action, parallel action, montage and the control of tempo and rhytm in the construction of a motion picture sequences
- Integrate sound effects and music into a motion picture sequence
- Integrate editorial notes into a revision of a digital video sequence
- Generate edited movie sequences using concepts of cinematic gramar to construct meaning and emotional engagement in an audience.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.