In this independent ‘studio practicum’ taken concurrently with MDC 651, students apply cinematic techniques and theory shooting practical assignments with digital still and video cameras and live subjects. Practical assignments will receive individual and peer critiques. Grading is S or U only.
- Integrate the technical and cinematic principles of composition and optics in the creation of cinematic sequences.
- Integrate the technical and cinematic principles of lighting in the creation of cinematic sequences.
- Integrate the appropriate settings for exposure, shutter speed, white balance and gain control in capturing images using digital video cameras.
- Integrate principles of camera and subject movement and color in the creation of cinematic sequences.
- Apply current cinematic theory and techniques to construct shots and scenes that support the thematic concepts and story objectives of a script in digital motion picture sequences.
- Apply the concepts of cinematic grammar to construct meaning and emotional engagement in an audience.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.