Producing Digital Cinema
This seminar covers the process of producing a film from a draft screenplay through distribution. Working in collaborative groups students will develop a project timeline, distribution plan, preliminary budget, legal and technical specifications and a look book suitable for pitching the film for investors. Includes independent research, case studies and the use of film production management software.
- Evaluate a script using standard film industry criteria for coverage
- Assess the technical requirements for producing and distributing a film
- Generate a budget that estimates the financial requirements for producing a film
- Generate a production timeline covering the specific tasks deliverables and personnel required during development, preproduction, production, postproduction and distribution
- Evaluate distributors and film festivals appropriate for a film project
- Outline the relevant distribution strategies required for producing a film
- Outline the legal responsibilities and ethical issues facing producers
- Produce a funding pitch for a project
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.