This course will review contemporary issues including minority rights, abortion, free speech and criminal justice with a special emphasis on the affect these issues have on the business community
- Evaluate the role of courts in resolving today’s social issues.
- Analyze court decisions on today’s social issues.
- Synthesize court decisions to formulate theories on the judiciary approach.
- Communicate these findings orally and in writing.
- Recognize ethical concerns arising from current legal issues.
- Describe the impact of law in the multi-cultural environment.
- Consider the effect of technology’s convergence on legal issues such as privacy rights.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.