A survey of contracts, sales, agencies, personal property, commercial paper and associated topics. Emphasizes prevention of litigation and liability arising from business operations.
- Explain the basic concepts and structure of the American legal system.
- Describe how law and regulations apply to business and the economy.
- Recognize business situations that require legal counsel.
- Describe the bases for contractual relationships in business.
- Identify remedies for breach of contract.
- Describe how third parties may become involved in contracts, and what their rights may be under the contract.
- Identify the nature and form of sales.
- Explain the difference between personal property and other forms of property.
- Explain the difference between bailment’s and contracts.
- Discuss legal issues that may arise in the business environment.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.