Provides guided practice in short- and long-form feature writing for print and online media, as well as critical experience in composing feature scripts for radio, television, podcasts, slideshows and Web video.
- Define the forms and norms of narrative journalism across media platforms.
- Identify the characteristics of effective feature stories across media platforms and outlets.
- Plan and execute a comprehensive research and reporting regimen for feature writing.
- Conduct successful interviews, and effectively edit quotations to illustrate or support arguments in feature stories.
- Organize, outline and draft feature stories.
- Edit short- and long-form stories for the full range of media platforms and outlets.
- Distinguish the characteristics of effective feature writing, and apply this knowledge to the criticism and editing processes.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.