Students will examine the Individuals with Disabilities and Education Act and how it relates to students who are incarcerated or out of the regular education program. Students will also develop a network amongst various coordinating agencies involved with students in out of school placements. Students will learn how to predict delinquent youth behavior and interventions that might mitigate the problem.
- Prepare strategies that promote successful transitions for individuals with exceptional learning needs.
- Assess the role of professional groups and referral agencies in identifying, assessing, and providing services to with individuals with exceptional learning needs.
- Evaluate problematic social behaviors of individuals with emotional/behavioral disorders and develop realistic behavioral and curriculum expectations for a safe and positive learning environment.
- Evaluate how an individual’s disability is assessed amongst the cooperating agencies involved.
- Develop a functional assessment for behavioral interventions.
- Evaluate realistic expectations for personal and social behavior in various settings.
- Analyze supports needed for youth integration into various programs in the juvenile justice system.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.