This course is a continuation of the HSE610A project course and continues the application of knowledge learned to select a research topic, gather data and defend conclusions. Grading is H, S, or U only.
- Create a Masters level research project/thesis based on a homeland security or emergency management issue.
- Create a specific research problem and problem statement.
- Develop a comprehensive literature review relating to the study.
- Appraise sources of data for the analysis of the issue.
- Apply appropriate quantitative and qualitative analytical models for drawing conclusions.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.