This course examines the impact of immigration policy on homeland security issues. Topics covered include the history of immigration and customs services; the impact of immigration policy and border security; the developments in immigration policy since 9/11; the impact of immigration policy on homegrown radicalization; and the ethical concerns of homeland security issues with respect to immigration policy.
- Analyze the developments in immigration policy since 9/11.
- Appraise contemporary immigration policy and how it can impact homeland security policies.
- Analyze how current counter-terrorism measures impact contemporary homeland security issues.
- Evaluate future immigration policy alternatives and how they can impact border and homeland security.
- Evaluate the impact of immigration policy on domestic economic issues and homeland security.
- Critique the ethical issues in relation to immigration policy and border security.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.