Examines the current issues in domestic terrorism. Topics include anti-Americanism, religious fundamentalism, nuclear proliferation, cyber terrorism, global jihad, port security, torture and detainees.
- Analyze the historical and social contexts of terrorism.
- Differentiate between the ethnic, ideological and religious movements of international and domestic terrorism.
- Appraise the roles of the U.S. Constitution, federal, state and local agencies in protecting the United States against terrorism.
- Examine future trends in combating international and domestic terrorism.
- Evaluate the ethical issues of surrounding the social contexts of domestic and international perspectives.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.