This course introduces the student to Critical Infrastructure and the necessary security for its protection. Critical Infrastructure is systems and assets, whether physical or virtual, so vital that the capacity or destruction of such may have a debilitating impact on the security of the nation and across any level of government or jurisdiction.
- Analyze Critical Infrastructure assets as to their importance to national security.
- Evaluate the National Infrastructure Protection Plan.
- Appraise the major components of each of the 18 Critical Infrastructure Sectors as they relate to national security.
- Examine the roles and responsibilities of Federal, State, Regional, Local, Tribal, Territorial and private sectors in managing the National Infrastructure Protection Plan.
- Argue the laws and regulations applicable to critical infrastructure protection policies.
- Critique common vulnerability assessments methodologies and tools.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.