Provides the student an overview of the most important aspects of emergency management and disaster response. The course discusses best practices of the all-hazards approach to responding to manmade and natural disasters.
- Analyze the concepts of emergency management and disaster response.
- Analyze current and emerging disasters and hazards.
- Evaluate natural and technological hazard and risk assessment.
- Examine the response requirements during a disaster.
- Analyze the roles of the public sector, private sector and non-government organizations in responding to disasters.
- Develop mitigation, response and communication techniques for emergency responses.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.