Introduces computer security issues in traditional computer systems to distributed networks and the Internet. Covers cryptography; program and operating system security; administration; legal; privacy; and ethical issues.
- Evaluate computer security issues and how to assess them.
- Examine the skills required to assess state of the art practices in networking; cryptography; program and operating system security; information system administration.
- Appraise security vulnerabilities and threats to information systems.
- Analyze counter measures to address information security threats.
- Critique legal issues and court decisions concerning privacy and managing information security.
- Examine ethical issues surrounding managing information security.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.