Provides students with proven techniques which apply to both accusatory and non-accusatory interviews. Students develop skills in preparing for the interview and interrogation with emphasis on planning and strategies. Provides a basic format and fundamentals of specialized interviewing and interrogation methods for those who have little or no experience in this phase of an investigation. Studies one of the most specialized and difficult phases of law enforcement or security investigation-interrogation.
- Recognize and understand the basic concepts of behavior symptoms (verbal and non-verbal).
- Ask pre-interview/interrogation questions which will assist in determining whether the person will be truthful or deceptive.
- Develop a theme for the interrogation. For example, lay blame on someone else, like the victim, or establish a reason for the suspect/witness to be there in the first place.
- Distinguish between an interview and an interrogation.
- Overcome objections and excuses.
- Convert and oral confession into a written confession.
- Explain U. S. Constitution and applicable case law pertaining to interviews and interrogation.
- Cover twenty points while taking a written statement.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.