Students who have met the production assistant certification requirements by completing required courses and certification badges may apply for an internship at a film or media production company. Other internships at a media or entertainment industry company may be proposed based on a studentandapos;s completion of the core FLM curriculum. Internships are for credit and must be approved by the internship coordinator in advance. Grading is H/S/U only. Contact the Program Lead Faculty for details.
- Interpret the communication objectives of media content using oral and written responses.
- Apply a creative processes to the development of fiction and nonfiction content for production of short format digital media programs.
- Coordinate the preproduction, production, and postproduction processes used in the development of film and video programs.
- Implement professional techniques used in the production of image and sound media assets.
- Integrate collaborative processes into the development, production, and postproduction phases of digital media creation.
- Articulate the roles and responsibilities of a professional in the workplace
Students must apply for internships in advance by submitting a resume and job position description to the Program Lead Faculty. Interns must meet the minimum standards of performance based on the internship providerandapos;s policy. An onsite internship supervisor must be designated in advance. At the end of the internship, the supervisor will evaluate the Interns performance in writing and a written self evaluation by the intern is also required. andlt;br /andgt;
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.