This intensive production residency includes hands on production workshops and culminates in the production of several episodes of a Web series. Students participate in preproduction activities and work on-set in one of the production departments: production, camera, sound, electrical/lighting, and production design. The residency is held onsite at a National University campus or comparable production facility. Contact the program Lead Faculty for details and current production residency schedule
- Interpret the communication objectives of a short fiction script by generating a shot list and digital storyboards.
- Apply creative processes to the production of short-format digital media programs.
- Apply professional techniques used in digital image capture in the production of a short media program.
- Collaborate in the production of a digital media program as a production department crew member.
- Apply on-set production protocols and professional techniques used in the production of a digital media program.
- Apply the principles of cinematic, sound, and visual design in the production of digital media assets that fulfill the creative and technical requirements for a professional digital media program.
- Implement visual and cinematic principles in the production of a short fiction script.
- Implement professional techniques used in the production of image and sound media assets that meet the producer’s schedule and budget objectives.
Students need access to a professional HD Digital Cinema camera with variable zoom and/or prime lenses and pan head tripod, a lighting package and assorted grip equipment. Provided as part of the residency package. A residency practicum fee applies. Residency practicum is held at the Los Angeles campus and locations in the area.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.