Application of editorial principles used in editing fiction media content. Includes montage, continuity, parallel editing, rhythm and pacing, digital media management, transcoding, and export to a variety of distribution platforms. Students edit a Production II Practicum short.
- Interpret the communication objectives of a short fiction media program using oral and written responses.
- Apply creative processes to the editing of fiction media programs.
- Integrate professional editing techniques in the editing of digital image and sound media assets for fiction media programs using professional digital editing software.
- Integrate collaborative processes into the postproduction phases of digital media creation.
- Select the visual and sound assets appropriate to a producer’s objectives for a fiction media program.
- Coordinate the postproduction workflow used in editing professional digital media programs from asset acquisition thorough color correction and final audio mix.
Students need access to a digital editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects and an external hard drive.andlt;br /andgt;
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.