Covers the responsibilities of a producer and production company for the production and distribution of digital media projects. Includes distribution strategies, festivals, markets, and marketing, the roles and responsibilities of production office personnel, production departments and crew, and the use of preproduction scheduling and budgeting software.
- Identify the production needs for a media project
- Outline the departmental organization for professional film production.
- Calculate the production budget requirements for a digital media project
- Use budgeting and scheduling software to manage a film or media production.
- Determine the scheduling and technical requirements for the distribution and marketing a digital media project to festivals
Students need access to film producing budgeting and scheduling software such as Gorilla or Movie Magic
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.