The application of cinematic concepts in the production of short nonfiction films derived from student-generated outlines and scripts. Covers preproduction activities, production treatments, production breakdowns, shot selection, storyboards, and on-set production protocols. Projects are edited in Post-production I (FLM 325).
- Apply the principles of cinematic, sound, and visual design used in the creation of contemporary nonfiction media programs.
- Interpret the communication objectives of a nonfiction project proposal in the production of a short digital media program.
- Apply creative processes to the development of nonfiction content for short format digital media programs.
- Implement professional techniques used in the production of image and sound media assets.
- Integrate collaborative processes into the production of digital media creation.
Students need access to a digital audio recorder, set of microphones cables and mic boom, a prosumer digital still and/or video camera, a tripod, and an external hard drive.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.