Provides fundamentals of digital imaging used in digital photography and video. Covers technical aspects of human visual perception, digital imaging sensors, image processing, and file formats. The use of manual controls, setting proper exposure and principles of composition.
- Operate a digital still and video camera using manual controls to render images with proper exposure, depth of field and color in a variety of settings and conditions
- Locate the exposure settings, shutter, camera sensitivity and white balance settings on a digital still and video camera
- Control for exposure and depth of field using a variety of zoom and prime lenses on a digital still and video cameras
- Control exposure in a variety of settings and conditions to maintain depth of field
- Select the appropriate #8220;white balance#8221; settings to render accurate image color in a variety of settings and conditions
- Select the appropriate aperture, shutter speed, camera sensitivity and focal length to achieve desired image effects
- Illustrate the technical characteristics of zoom and prime lenses while maintaining normal exposure
- Illustrate the effects of over and under exposure on the quality of an image
- Explain the relationship between lens focal length, depth of field and exposure
- Discuss the characteristics of different digital image sensors and their effect on image quality
Students need access to a prosumer digital still and/or video camera with variable zoom and/or prime lenses and tripod
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.