A two-month course required of all MCJ students. Culminates in the research and writing of a substantial original work on a criminal justice pre-approved research project of personal interest involving the critical examination and evaluation of primary sources and appropriate secondary materials with faculty supervision and guidance. Grading is by H, S, or U only. Eligible for In Progress (IP) grade.
- Justify the importance of having experts critique one’s written work to ensure finality.
- Conduct extensive original research at a professional level on a pre-approved topic
- Compose a research project using references from referred sources.
- Understand the importance of meeting deadlines for major written assignments
- Determine the importance of effective oral presentation skills in today’s criminal justice organizations.
- Judge the importance of quality research and writing skills as required for publication in scholarly journals.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.